GUEST POST :
Here is a guest post for your gameweek 12 #FPL Captain Dilemma ! Many thanks to Adam Zdroik from US site RotoEXPERTS.com
The majority of the Fantasy Premier League world cashed in for Gameweek 11 with teams averaging a lofty 45 points. After an international break, can we expect the same story?
Most players won’t have to travel that much as they’re staying in Europe, but there are a select few that have gone out of country to compete for a World Cup bid, or maybe a friendly. In those cases, it’d be wise to examine how those players were used in their matches (especially if you plan on transferring them in). In some instances, managers like to rest players after running around 180 minutes for their country, so keep an eye out for that. Of course, there are some like Robin van Persie, who was pulled from the Netherlands squad because of injury problems.
Gameweek 12 doesn’t provide a whole lot in terms of go-to matches for your captain, so I’ll run through the best options.
- Sergio Aguero, Man City
- Robin van Persie, Man United
- Loic Remy, Newcastle
- Stephane Sessegnon, West Brom
- Aaron Ramsey, Arsenal
- There’s no reason to worry at all for Aguero owners after not scoring at Sunderland. Prior to that, he was on four goals and five assists in four matches. Tottenham has allowed one goal in four matches, but don’t let that sway your decision here.
- RVP took a break from international play and he’ll be fine to go here (we hope). Obviously if he doesn’t, Wayne Rooney becomes the next option. RVP has four goals and two assists in his last four matches. While Cardiff has been solid, not many can stop Van Persie on form.
- I would have put him higher, but do you really want to trust a Newcastle man with your captain? He’s a good risk to take with a goal in two straight. Not mention Remy will be home to Norwich, who have allowed plenty of goals this season.
- I had Yaya Toure in here, but decided to go with another risky pick. West Brom is home to Aston Villa which should result in a few goals. Sessegnon has picked it up in recent weeks with his new club and should be primed for more.
- Everyone knows of Southampton’s defense, but they aren’t impenetrable, allowing goals in two straight. Arsenal is ready to get back on the score sheet after a 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford. Ramsey is your man and the trustiest of the Gunners.
Other options to consider are Stoke City and Manchester City defenders/goalkeepers. Both are in a good position to secure a clean sheet and possible bonus points. I didn’t include any Chelsea players here, but my next option would have been Eden Hazard, who’s at West Ham.
Adam joined RotoExperts in 2008 as a member of the Scout/Player Updates Team. Throughout the years, Adam has written articles encompassing a number of sports. If you like your Fantasy advice full of numbers and straight to the point, look no further. Find him (@RotoZdroik) on Twitter, to get a daily take of what’s happening in the sports world