Guest Post: Looking forward to GW23
If you would like to get involved and submit a guest post email Ryan to FantasyYirma@hotmail.com
GW23: WEEKLY TIP
A lot of people added Chelsea players last week because of their double Gameweek. This time, Arsenal has a double and will likely see an uptake in transfers this week. Plus, after this week, three of their next four games will be at the Emirates. Let’s have a look at the players you should get for your squad.
Arsenal have been above average defensively this year and that’s where Szczesny comes in. He’s not all that expensive at 5.3m and there’s no reason he won’t be a top keeper this week. Kieran Gibbs is their best defensive option on the back line at only 5.6m. He likes to get forward and has shown he can either score or assist. Bacary Sagna recently returned from injury and has played well on the flank. He is valued at just 5.1m, making him an easy choice to pick up.
Even though Santi Cazorla has more Fantasy Points on the year, Theo Walcott is the better midfielder to own. He was recently moved to a central attacking role and has destroyed the opposition with his speed. Even after being held scoreless against Man City, Walcott still has four goals and four assists in his last five games. Jack Wilshere can also be looked at it, but he’s a pretty big stretch for 6.4m.
At forward, Olivier Giroud has not started in five straight games, so you have to go with Lukas Podolski up front. He’s been a streaky player this year and his 8.2m price tag wouldn’t be worth it unless he had a double.
West Ham also has a double, but I’m not planning on changing my squad to add one of their players. They are really struggling to do anything right now.
I mentioned Everton last week and have to say something again this week. Their next three opponents are Southampton, West Brom and Aston Villa. Having at least two of the Toffees on your squad would be wise for the coming weeks.
- Joe Hart, Man City, 6.9m, vs. Fulham
- Pepe Reina, Liverpool, 5.8m, vs. Norwich
- Wojciech Szczesny, Arsenal, 5.3m, at Chelsea, vs. West Ham
- Jussi Jaaskelainen, West Ham, 5.3m, vs. QPR, at Arsenal
- Ben Foster, West Brom, 5.0m, vs. Aston Villa
- Glen Johnson, Liverpool, 6.4m, vs. Norwich
- Bacary Sagna, Arsenal, 5.1m, at Chelsea, vs. West Ham
- Pablo Zabaleta, Man City, 5.9m, vs. Fulham
- Leighton Baines, Everton, 7.5m, at Southampton
- Patrice Evra, Man United, 7.0m, at Tottenham
- Branislav Ivanovic, Chelsea, 7.1m, vs. Arsenal
- Kieran Gibbs, Arsenal, 5.6m, at Chelsea, vs. West Ham
- Chico, Swansea, 4.8m, vs. Stoke City
- Winston Reid, West Ham, 5.1m, vs. QPR, at Arsenal
- Mathieu Debuchy, Newcastle, 5.0m, vs. Reading
- Theo Walcott, Arsenal, 9.0m, at Chelsea, vs. West Ham
- Steven Gerrard, Liverpool, 9.4m, vs. Norwich
- Gareth Bale, Tottenham, 9.8m, vs. Man United
- Santi Cazorla, Arsenal, 9.6m, at Chelsea, vs. West Ham
- Juan Mata, Chelsea, 10.0m, vs. Arsenal
- Michu, Swansea, 8.3m, vs. Stoke City
- David Silva, Man City, 9.4m, vs. Fulham
- Kevin Nolan, West Ham, 6.5m, vs. QPR, at Arsenal
- Adel Taarabt, QPR, 5.7m, at West Ham
- Eden Hazard, Chelsea, 9.4m, vs. Arsenal
- Robin van Persie, Man United, 14.1m, at Tottenham
- Luis Suarez, Liverpool, 10.4m, vs. Norwich
- Lukas Podolski, Arsenal, 8.2m, at Chelsea, vs. West Ham
- Edin Dzeko, Man City, 7.4m, vs. Fulham
- Carlos Tevez, Man City, 8.9m, vs. Fulham
- Demba Ba, Chelsea, 8.9m, vs. Arsenal
- Romelu Lukaku, West Brom, 6.4m, at Stoke City, vs. Aston Villa
- Christian Benteke, Aston Villa, 6.7m, at West Brom
- Daniel Sturridge, Liverpool, 7.3m, vs. Norwich
- Jermaine Defoe, Tottenham, 8.4m, vs. Man United
YOU’RE THE CAPTAIN
- Robin van Persie, Man United
- Luis Suarez, Liverpool
- Theo Walcott, Arsenal
- Lukas Podolski, Arsenal
- Edin Dzeko, Man City
There are no surprises here. Van Persie continued his scoring streak against Liverpool. He has scored in eight of the past nine matches to go with four assists. He’s the most expensive player by far for a reason. He makes a normally tough decision easy, when you can captain him no matter what the schedule says.
Suarez didn’t score at Old Trafford, but I wouldn’t fret about him. He already has 15 goals for the campaign, just two less than RVP. A home game against a struggling Norwich squad, which has one point in their last five matches, awaits.
My next two picks are a couple of Gunners. When you have a double Gameweek, you tend to be a safer Fantasy pick, much like Chelsea players last week. A road match at Chelsea isn’t all that favorable, but a game at home against a West Ham club that’s currently a mess should produce some numbers.
Walcott is playing great in his new role, which has shot him up the charts as one of the hottest players in the game. Podolski is my other play because he’s the starting forward over Olivier Giroud. That’s all that matters.
My fifth captain choice goes to Dzeko who gets the nod slightly over Tevez. I know Tevez had two assists last week, but Dzeko has been the consistent scorer. He’s always in the right place at the right time. Playing at the Etihad against Fulham should net him at least one goal.
Post by @RotoZdroik
The official FantasyYIRMA GW23 Preview is online and available here