Premier League Preview
Both sides are looking over their shoulder, but for very different reasons.
Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Baker, Bennett, Westwood, Delph, El Ahmadi, Weimann, Benteke, Agbonlahor.
Subs: Steer, Sylla, Holt, Clark, Albrighton, Lowton, Robinson
Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Torres
Subs: Schwarzer, Kalas, Mikel, Lampard, Schurrle, Salah, Ba.
Branislav Ivanovic has four goals in his last four matches against Aston Villa
Aston Villa are currently six points off of the relegation zone and will be desperate for a last few points to guarantee their safety. The Villains have not had the best of results in recent years losing the last four including an 8-0 loss at Stamford Bridge last season.
“They are going for the title and the Champions League so they are in their hunting for big trophies and it’s up to us to try and de-rail them.”
Chelsea are currently top of the table by seven points, but all three clubs behind them all have a game in hand on them (Chelsea have three). The blues are unbeaten in their last 14 Premier League matches, but all three of their league losses have come away from home.
- Ryan Bertrand is ineligible to face his parent club
- Antonio Luna is set to deputise
- Fernando Torres is set to make the match day squad
- David Luiz and Ashley Cole are ruled out
|Aston Villa||4 – 1||Norwich
||1 – 0||Aston Villa
|Cardiff||0 – 0||Aston Villa|
||0 – 2||West Ham
|Everton||2 – 1||Aston Villa
|Chelsea||4 – 0||Tottenham|
||1 – 3||Chelsea|
||1 – 1||Chelsea
||1 – 0||Everton
||2 – 0||Chelsea
HEAD to HEAD
|Chelsea||2 – 1||Aston Villa
||1 – 2||Chelsea|
||8 – 0||Aston Villa|
||2 – 4||Chelsea
||1 – 3||Aston Villa
- Aston Villa have scored four goals in two of their last three home matches
- Villa have not won back to back home Premier League matches since 2011
- Branislav Ivanovic has four goals in his last four matches against Villa
- Chelsea are the only team who have won more points from losing positions (14) than Aston Villa (13)