After Suarez went all Hannibal Lecter on us last week GW34 was always going to be a tough act to follow…
Little did we know the drama, the wait… the sleepless night over the carry on that was the Gareth Bale assist! (We acknowledge we need to get out more)
Essentially the kind chaps at the Premier League were kind enough to review the footage from the 2-2 draw between Wigan and Tottenham and retrospectively declare that the ball did indeed touch (barely) Mr PFA player of the year. Great for us #FPL Managers who have him in our team.
This late change transformed a 7 point performance into a 12 as with the assist came 2 bonus points also. Boyce still managed to pick up the 3 Bonus points despite his own goal once again raising a question mark over the bonus point system…
- Elsewhere, Yaya Toure smashed his way through midfield again to collect the maximum in a 2-1 win for City over West Ham.
- Pienaar picked up the maximum bonus allocation as he reminded us that there are alternative options for your #FPL team if you would like a midfielder from Everton.
- Lukaku repaid the faith of thousands of FPL managers who have brought him in for DGW36 with all 3 bonus points to go alongside his goal.
- Crouch was tipped by FY this week as picking up form and while he didn’t get the goal his performance perhaps deserved, he did pick up the maximum 3 bonus points.
- Reading and QPR both were relegated in a drab 0-0 match. Really was not a great game to watch and no players on the pitch stood out. The panel drew straws and decided Guthrie was the stand out player however I’m sure 3 bonus points for him will be no consolation what so ever for relegation.
- The Arsenal – Manchester Utd game may not have the same intensity of previous seasons but was a close fought affair. RVP started so RVP picked up 3 bonus points. With Walcott, Evans and Rooney picking up 2 points each also.
- Frank Lampard is inching closer and closer to the Chelsea all time top scorer record and picked up 2 bonus alongside his goal from the penalty spot with the ever improving Oscar picking up the maximum.
- Newcastle 0-6 Liverpool… Hands up if you had a £5 bet correct score on that?? No.. Didn’t think so. With Suarez out now for the next 10 games I think there was a level uncertainty over which Liverpool team would turn up, yet this was as accomplished performance as you will see all season. Henderson scored twice and picked up the maximum. Downing provided a brace of assists but couldn’t manage to get a bonus point, shame.
As I write this Aston Villa have just put 6 past Sunderland in a mammoth 6-1 win, Di Canio did not knee slide this evening. The bonus points have yet to be announced at time of writing although after smashing in a hat-trick i expect Benteke to be nailed on for the maximum bonus. A goal and 2 assists puts Agbonlahor in the mix for 2points also.
As per usual, drop us a tweet with your thoughts, did they get the bonus points right or wrong? What did you make of the Bale assist? Would you have given it? Tweet us your comments on @FantasyYIRMA or drop a comment below
|27 Apr 12:45||Man City||2 – 1||West Ham|
|27 Apr 15:00||Everton||1 – 0||Fulham|
|27 Apr 15:00||Southampton||0 – 3||West Brom|
|27 Apr 15:00||Stoke City||1 – 0||Norwich|
|27 Apr 15:00||Wigan||2 – 2||Tottenham|
|27 Apr 17:30||Newcastle||0 – 6||Liverpool|
|28 Apr 13:30||Reading||0 – 0||QPR|
|28 Apr 15:00||Chelsea||2 – 0||Swansea|
|28 Apr 16:00||Arsenal||1 – 1||Man Utd|
|29 Apr 20:00||Aston Villa||6 – 1||Sunderland|
With no afternoon kick off today the good folk at PL.com have decided to release the bonus points early today.
It’s another 3 for Van Persie, and Bale continues his great recent form to take another maximum.
Reading through the Bonus points it’s impossible to not feel a but sympathetic towards Gervinho, a goal and two assists yesterday and somehow Arteta manages to get the maximum for Arsenal yesterday.
Suarez managed to get a solitary bonus point for his role in the Sunday game. Liverpool took all 3 points today but Luis may be scratching his head wondering how he didn’t manage to score today with 8 attempts on goal for the in form Uruguayan in the first half alone!!
Meanwhile for City, Silva did a fantastic impersonation of himself from last season with a decisive performance against Newcastle.
Andy Carroll reminded us that he still can score goals and rightly takes the 3 bonus points for West Ham this week. Kone scores again for Wigan and although Wigan’s Double Gameweek 36 seems miles away – he is already shaping up to be a potential mini league decider if he can maintain form for the run in.
Mirallas also gets 3pts from the Bonus committee and rightly so! If you haven’t already seen his goal yesterday – check it out!!
|30 Mar 12:45||Sunderland||0 – 1||Man Utd|
|30 Mar 15:00||Arsenal||4 – 1||Reading|
|30 Mar 15:00||Man City||4 – 0||Newcastle|
|30 Mar 15:00||Southampton||2 – 1||Chelsea|
|30 Mar 15:00||Swansea||1 – 2||Tottenham|
|30 Mar 15:00||West Ham||3 – 1||West Brom|
|30 Mar 15:00||Wigan||1 – 0||Norwich|
|30 Mar 17:30||Everton||1 – 0||Stoke City|
|31 Mar 13:30||Aston Villa||1 – 2||Liverpool|
|01 Apr 20:00||Fulham||3 – 2||QPR|
|29 Jan 19:45||Aston Villa||1 – 2||Newcastle|
|29 Jan 19:45||QPR||0 – 0||Man City|
|29 Jan 19:45||Stoke City||2 – 2||Wigan|
|29 Jan 19:45||Sunderland||0 – 0||Swansea|
|30 Jan 19:45||Arsenal||2 – 2||Liverpool|
|30 Jan 19:45||Everton||2 – 1||West Brom|
|30 Jan 19:45||Norwich||1 – 1||Tottenham|
|30 Jan 20:00||Fulham||3 – 1||West Ham|
|30 Jan 20:00||Man Utd||2 – 1||Southampton|
|30 Jan 20:00||Reading||2 – 2||Chelsea|
Here are the bonus points for GW23 so far with 1 fixture remaining.
We want to hear from you.
How many points are you on now?
What are your thoughts on the Bonus points this week and this season?
Who do you think should have got bonus points but didn’t?
Who got bonus points that you didn’t think would?
Drop a comment under the article and we will RT all responses on the @FantasyYirma twitter account.
|19 Jan 15:00||Liverpool||5 – 0||Norwich|
|19 Jan 15:00||Man City||2 – 0||Fulham|
|19 Jan 15:00||Newcastle||1 – 2||Reading|
|19 Jan 15:00||Swansea||3 – 1||Stoke City|
|19 Jan 15:00||West Ham||1 – 1||QPR|
|19 Jan 15:00||Wigan||2 – 3||Sunderland|
|19 Jan 17:30||West Brom||2 – 2||Aston Villa|
|20 Jan 13:30||Chelsea||2 – 1||Arsenal|
|20 Jan 16:00||Tottenham||1 – 1||Man Utd|
|21 Jan 20:00||Southampton||0 – 0||Everton|
|23 Jan 19:45||Arsenal||
|20 Oct 12:45||Tottenham||2 – 4||Chelsea|
|20 Oct 15:00||Fulham||1 – 0||Aston Villa|
|20 Oct 15:00||Liverpool||1 – 0||Reading|
|20 Oct 15:00||Man Utd||4 – 2||Stoke City|
|20 Oct 15:00||Swansea||2 – 1||Wigan|
|20 Oct 15:00||West Brom||1 – 2||Man City|
|20 Oct 15:00||West Ham||4 – 1||Southampton|
|20 Oct 17:30||Norwich||1 – 0||Arsenal|
|21 Oct 13:30||Sunderland||1 – 1||Newcastle|
|21 Oct 16:00||QPR||1 – 1||Everton|